Russell Setright Naturopath
Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist, Herbal Medicine, Remedial Therapies, Advanced Life Support Educator, Medical Writer, Consultant to Blackmores, accredited EMT.
Radio Talk-Back-2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 5AA, 2CC, 2BS, 2LT, 2DU Get Well with Russell
Russell on Radio 2GB every Tuesday morning with Luke Grant
Sunday mornings 2GB talk back radio with Clinton Maynard 131873
Tune in to Russell every week from Tasmania with Richard Perno
Fridays with Jade Robran radio 5AA evey week at 3.15 PM
South Australia time
The information on this site is for educational purposes. Always see your healthcare practitioner for diagnosis and advice of illness or accidents.
Russell is a member of the Australasian Medical Writers Association Inc. and a consultant to professional associations and industry.
The Information on this site is not influenced by any association or company and is posted independently by Russell
How to silence snoring
Lifestyle changes and home remedies, you can try yourself to help keep your airway open during sleep:
1. Avoid alcohol—or don't drink alcohol within three hours of bedtime. This will help prevent your airway muscles from becoming slack while you sleep.
2. Do not take medications that relax your muscles in the evening.
3. Lose weight if you are overweight or obese. Extra fat tissue in the neck and throat can narrow the airways.
4. Try home remedies for nasal obstruction issues. If your nose is stuffy due to mucus, try rinsing your sinuses with saline.
5. If you smoke, quit
6. Sleep on your side or elevate your head.
7. To learn more about the impact of snoring and sleep apnea on your health see you healthcare practitioner.