How to silence snoring
Lifestyle changes and home remedies, you can try yourself to help keep your airway open during sleep:
1. Avoid alcohol—or don't drink alcohol within three hours of bedtime. This will help prevent your airway muscles from becoming slack while you sleep.
2. Do not take medications that relax your muscles in the evening.
3. Lose weight if you are overweight or obese. Extra fat tissue in the neck and throat can narrow the airways.
4. Try home remedies for nasal obstruction issues. If your nose is stuffy due to mucus, try rinsing your sinuses with saline.
5. If you smoke, quit
6. Sleep on your side or elevate your head.
7. To learn more about the impact of snoring and sleep apnea on your health see you healthcare practitioner.